15th August 2019
- Improved navigation
- Progress Points (used by the Site Assistant) are now called Metrics
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
13th May 2019
- Customers with an active subscription can now increase or decrease their number of users. This is done on their Billing page, accessed via Admin -> Organisation -> Adjust Subscription.
- We have simplified Punch Lists by removing the Draft status. All Punch Lists are now saved to their project with an Open status.
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
15th April 2019
- There is now a new and improved Question Field. This gives you the flexibility to customise the answers you want to use. For example, you could specify the customary Yes/No, or an alternative like True/False, or even a short list of colours (Red/Orange/Green).
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
21st March 2019
- The first version of the Autodesk BIM 360 Integration is now available. Please contact us if you'd like to have it enabled for your organisation.
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
6th February 2019
- We've further simplified the navigation menu by moving Punch Lists. You can now get to them by clicking the Punch Lists button in the top right of the Actions Register (next to the Create button).
15th January 2019
- The app will now simplify the user interface by hiding the memos option if this feature has been disabled for the organisation. Please contact support if you change your memo setting.
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
13th December 2018
- Minor fixes and enhancements
3rd August 2018
- New Attachment field lets you attach any type of file to a form (pdf, audio, video, etc.).
- Can now turn off form level images if you prefer to only attach images to fields.
- Can now specify multiple recipients for Alerts emails.
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
15th June 2018
- This version also supports single sign on (SSO). You can configure SSO with your chosen provider (including Google, Microsoft, Procore and your other SAML2 identity providers).
- Progress Points (now known as Metrics) now allows you to get counts of records, rows and multiselect list values
- Entering an incorrect subdomain in your APE Mobile URL will now give you an option to get a magic link to sign in.
- We now have autoscroll when dragging and dropping sections in the template editor, for a better experience when reordering sections.
- Copy previous in table view was not rounding displayed formula result to 6 digits.
- Some formulas were causing errors when used in an autocompleted Short Description field.
30th May 2018
- Alerts weren't sending for triggers that were set for fields in tables.
- Changed sort order for returned records in Site Assistant to date descending.
- Display issue for Site Assistant in mobile Safari - text entry bar was blocked by the keyboard.
- Issue where deleting a Section in a template caused some formula row number references to be cleared.
- Changing field type in a template was sometimes only partially working, so that fields in forms did not behave as expected.
- Error on requesting a Summary from Site Assistant when an underlying Progress Point had been changed from having a unit to not having a unit.
- Issue resaving a Memo after it had been saved to project.
- Long section names in Forms were obscuring the expand/collapse buttons on small screens.
- Issue when opening Settings panel in the Template Editor, where the presence of long text entries (e.g. in a Read Only field) was causing the field to scroll out of view.
- Action links weren't being copied when Copying Previous from one row to another in a Form.
- Some special characters in the display name of a field in the Template Editor were causing error when automatically generating the associated Merge Fields (and then user was unable to Save the template).
- Left navigation pane was sometimes staying open when cursor exited it in a particular way.
- Issues with handling space/period in NUMBERVALUE formula.
- Edge browser issue with scroll bar in the project list (left navigation panel).
- Site Assistant was showing multiple/duplicate context labels when reopening chat view.
Web 6.17 - Get more Insights with Live Feed 🌏
20th April 2018
- Live Feed has been released in beta! Available to your organization on request, contact us via chat or email. Once enabled for your Organization, users with "Manage Insights" permission can see the Live Feed.
- Additional Alerts functionality: date conditions (so you can get Alerts for overdue Actions) and Scheduled Alerts. Alerts can now also be duplicated.
- Improvements to Site Assistant.
- Now supporting more Formulas for your Forms so you can amp up your calculations - currently forms containing new formulas will only available in Web and iOS, stay tuned for availability in the Winows and Android apps.
- Approval email reply-to address is set to user email address instead of a no reply APE Mobile email address.
- Issue where formula helper in the Template Editor was sometimes pointing to top level references when you were trying to refer to a table column.
- Standard users were sometimes erroneously seeing Admin option on the top menu (but unable to use Admin functions).
- In the Template Editor, auto popup settings were visible on Question field settings even when they didn't apply.
- Template Editor scroll bar was partly obscured by the screen header.
- Project search bar was not displaying correctly when there were a large number of projects.
- Reduction in the number of instances where PDFs can be generated with excessively long names.
- Date/time out of range error - forms with date/time formulas resulting in hours greater than 24 (24:00:00) were getting errors on save.
- Issue in the Form Editor resulting in "undefined method 'order'" error on saving a form.
Web 6.16 - APE Mobile Insights Released ✨
6th April 2018
- Site Assistant beta released for the web. There's now a tab on the right called "Site Assistant". This is voice and text enabled, and allows you to ask questions to help you stay updated with what's going on on site. More coming soon - let us know what would help you! See this guide for tips and tricks to get you started. If you don't see it, contact us to find out more and activate Site Assistant for your organization.
- Alerts beta release, available to all Super users by default. Configure email alerts based on Forms, Memos and Actions with fields meeting your set criteria.
- Progress Points beta released. This allows you to define aggregates (Progress Points, aka Metrics) and their Dimensions (sub-attributes) across and within templates, to support Site Assistant.
- User types updated to match new user type scheme (Super users formerly known as Standard, Standard users formerly known as Operator).
- Issue with Date filter for Template Exports.
- Bug in autocompleted Short Descriptions on Forms.
- Tables with all columns hidden (i.e. hidden formulas) were displayed in the Form Editor (now completely hidden).
- Broken help links in Import Drawings & Docs, Organization Settings and link to the Word Addin from the Template Editor has been updated.
20th March 2018
- We've added the ability to link Forms to Forms. On the Settings for Question fields in Form templates, you can now choose to link Forms (as well as Actions).
- And, you can also see information about your linked forms on your PDFs, using the Word Add-in.
- You can get your linked form PDFs attached when you Send your forms by email.
- The updated Word Add-in now has improved options for sizing the images in your forms.
- Owned By filter has been added to Exports so you can Export on a per user basis.
- Template editor issue where you could sometimes refer to a table column that didn't exist, without seeing an error
- Improved validation of formula references when using ranges of fields (e.g.
- No longer clearing your email address if you attempt to log in with an incorrect password.
- Issue with Workflow Max integration where you would sometimes get duplicate project name showing in your project name field.
- Copy Previous (to copy table row entries) now copying linked forms and actions, as well as inline photos.
- In the template editor, turning multi-select setting on for a field no longer auto-toggles the mandatory setting to off.
- Improved handling of signatures and date pickers when APE is used in a browser on an iPad.
- Issue with template editor where option to link to an Action was sometimes not preserved.
8th February 2018
- You can now add photos to specific fields within forms, where this feature has been turned on in the template setup. You can also add a short caption to describe the attached photo. Both the photo and the caption are available in the Word Add-in, so can be shown on your PDF.
- Images that have been attached to forms can now be annotated using our drawing tools.
- Now supporting time fields with 5 or 15-minute interval selections – saving time when filling out forms. The time interval can be set for a field from the Template Editor.
- A new Description field has been added to Projects.
- The Project Description field has been added to Workflow Max integration.
- The Approval sequence number now shows against Approval field names in Exports.
- Moving diagram field in a template from one section to another, no longer causes an error.
- Sometimes the Action pre-fill fields were not saved properly when adding them to a Question attached to a Form in the Template Editor.
- Issue where “Use Default Templates” could not be changed to Yes for a project.
- Duplicate merge fields were being created when adding Yes/No columns to an existing table in the Template Editor.
- Number formats were being erroneously restyled by Microsoft Edge when identified as phone numbers.
- Rounding Geolocation latitude and longitude to 6 decimal places.
- Some Org Lists were failing to load when located within a table.
- Issue where the total column setting (for a table in the Template Editor) was not saved when turned on.
15th December 2017
- Supports Reporting Projects, including creation, WBS pickers, filters and display of WBS Items. In these projects, the top level of the WBS hierarchy consists of a list of all other active projects.
- Supports formula functions for hidden attributes on the following field types: Geolocation, Question, Project.
- Dynamic help for formula fields, including hidden attributes.
- Register filters
- Users can now edit existing Custom List items in the Template Editor
- Time field scrolling in Forms improved.
- Updating Project via API with no changes no longer yields 500 error.
- Improved performance of VLOOKUP formula evaluation.
- Fixed VLOOKUP error when name of Org List referenced contained “.”
- Now accepting Custom List items containing “.” In the Template Editor.
- Fixed issue where not all merge fields were displayed in Template Details screen.
- Import and export of templates containing Diagram files improved.
- Clearer confirmation dialog when deleting tables in the Template Editor.
- Improved display of buttons in table view in the Form Editor.
- No longer copying geolocation field data on duplication of a form.
29th November 2017
- WBS Items selected in a Form now have their full path displayed.
- New formulas added to get WBS Item attributes: just the name, just the number, name and number, or the full path.
- Additional merge fields for WBS Item fields, showing full path through the WBS hierarchy to the selected item.
- New Action Prefill field when you configure your Form Template to generate new Actions: “Ref.” can now be prefilled with text of your choice.
- Operator and External users can now view existing annotations on Drawings & Docs via the web (this was previously only available in the apps).
- Now showing a more universal date display format for Date Raised in the registers.
- Nicer error message when invalid email addresses entered in the Send fields when emailing from APE.
- Prefilling email address in the Forgot Password page when user is directed from the apps.
- Simplified wording around Export options (checkboxes).
- Fixed issue where changes to the Action Prefills in the template were causing the Import to fail.
15th November 2017
Highlights: we’ve added two new field types for use in Forms – Geolocation and Diagram.
- New Geolocation field enables field users to capture current coordinates while filling out a Form, and to Export or put the Geolocation captured onto the PDF Form, in one of two formats (degrees, minutes and seconds or decimal degrees).
- We’ve added a Diagram field that allows template administrators to attach either an image or a PDF to their template, so users completing Forms have these available as a reference on the go.
- There is now a setting called “Companies Locked” available on the Organization Settings screen. If turned on, users will not be able to edit the Companies list from the Companies selector on Forms.
- Template Capabilities information will now tell app users when they are trying to access a Form that contains new features and will need to update the app in order to see those features correctly.
- Register Date Filter settings are now incorporated into the Register Exports.
- Now correctly handling ampersand when there is one in the Short Description of a form that is saved or duplicated.
- Improved left navigation so that it is scrollable on screens with insufficient height.
- Fixed issue where some Organization Lists were not displaying correctly on an Action popup within a Form.
- Owned By field no longer lists inactive project members.
31st October 2017
With this release, we’ve added a new project dashboard, project selection screen and a new look for the navigation of both project registers and administration.
- Addition of Dashboard that shows an overview of records for the currently selected project
- Navigation redesign (new left-hand menu, Administration functions and Exports are now at the top right of the screen)
- Help added to the navigation panel, making it easier to start a conversation with us.
- Contextual help links added to various screens, linking to help articles related to the current context.
- User can now clear picker fields in Forms, including WBS Item, time, date, and list fields.
- The current text search is now taken into account when the Register items are exported.
- Custom List items can now be edited in the Template Editor
- “Reporting Tables” have been renamed “Custom Exports”.
- Resolved issue where multiple validation errors in the Template Editor got “stuck” at the top of the screen.
- Approval status can now be displayed in auto-filled (formulaic) Short Description fields.
28th September 2017
- You now expand and collapse sections in a Form (and the state of each section is saved when you save the Form). You can also define the default setting in the Template (in case you want to have certain sections collapsed when you first create a Form).
- Short Description in each Form can now be autocompleted based on a formula.
- Users with Export permission can now get a Word copy of Forms from the register (in addition to the PDF version).
- Punch List items now reflect the current Action Register text search.
- You can now put a Companies List in any template type (previously this was only available in Actions).
- Word templates can now be added to Actions so you get a PDF copy of your Actions (or send it via email).
- Fields for the Actions attached to Forms can now flow through to the linked Form’s PDF.
- You no longer have to have a Word template attached to your Form before you publish it (note: Memos still require a Word template so they can be sent to recipients as a PDF).
- Non-administrator install is available the latest version of the Word Add-in.
- You can now preview your Template from the Word Add-in.
- Fixed issue where user wasn’t able to select a field in the Template Editor if it had a blank/empty display name.
- Custom Lists in the Form now reflect the order shown in the Template Editor.
21st August 2017
- We’ve added a Date Filter to the Punch List Register.
- List search is now available in more places: “Create” button in the Registers, “WBS Items” fields, including the Register filter Organization and Project Lists, Company Lists, User fields, such as “Owned By” and “Approver”
- Fixed an issue where the header of Forms was sometimes shifted down the page while scrolling down the Form.
- Resolved an issue where a conditional formula was not updating the displayed result when the result changed from blank to 0.
- Read only text field’s sample value now shows in the Template Preview.
- Fixed an issue in the new Template Editor where some formula references weren’t updating correctly when a table was deleted from the Template.